Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back to work!

Today I went back to work. It was a pretty hard thing to do, but I guess we will get adjusted to it. I think Lizzie did better than me. I didn't cry when I left her and I didn't call at lunch to make sure things were okay, but I did worry all day how things were going. I didn't want to seem like an overprotective mother. I do have a good babysitter though (thanks Jen). She keeps track of everything for me during the day like what time she ate, when the diapers were changed, when they played, when she slept, etc. She has two of her own girls at home and they just love Lizzie. The oldest of the two (age 4) asked her mom if they could keep Sister Bennett's baby and if I would take theirs (age 1). Kids are so innocent! So needless to say Lizzie is getting plenty of attention. And I hopefully will get back into the routine of things at school. My students were pretty excited to see me and asked why I didn't bring the baby with me. Kids can be pretty funny! So we will continue to see how things go and hopefully by the end of this year I can stay home with my cute little girl.

Here are some fun pictures I took the other day. I had left Koby babysitting for a little while when I ran some errands. This is when the weather was a little nicer than now. He thought it would be so fun to get Lizzie in our tree swing and make sure she liked it. She absolutely loved it and never wanted to get out. She even fell asleep as he pushed and rocked her in it. I guess Lizzie loves the swinging motion. I thought it was pretty funny that he put her into his big hooded sweatshirt to make sure that she stayed warm. What a funny daddy she has! He is a good babysitter and always makes sure she is having fun. Now if I could just get him to realize she is not yet ready to go sleigh riding this winter!



10 comments:

BrandonKristin said...

What a good daddy. I love hearing about these daddies and how they love their babies and want them to have fun, and be safe--it makes my heart happy! Way to go Koby!

Our Family said...

What a great dad! Lizzy is so lucky to have so much love in her life. She's adorable.

Poulsen Family said...

Oh, that had to be hard to go to work. I hope things work out that you can stay home permanently once Christmas breaks comes. In the mean time I am glad you have a good babysitter.

jaredkatiekalebemma said...

I hated going back to work but such is life. Lizzie is so cute and is growing fast. How wonderful it is to become a parent and take care of these precious spirits.

Katie

johnandjana said...

That Koby is quite the Daddy. Good job Koby! I'm sure Lizzie loved playing and swinging with her Daddy.
Going back to work is not going to be easy But you will do okay. Lizzie will be taken good care of. You are such a good Mommy too.

Brett and Tiffany said...

Cute,cute! We will keep you in our prayers...I hope you are able to stay home with her after Christmas!

robcallfamily said...

You are a strong woman! I really want to come take care of her for a few days...we will get it set in stone soon!

voleen.blogspot.com said...

I'll never get over the way you held that little soul in your arms at the Olive Garden. That was a good sign that she felt save while sleeping. What a good and special Daddy.

The Rigby Bunch said...

Little Lizzie makes that swing look huge! Absolutely the cutest pictures ever. I hope that work goes well for you, it is really hard to leave those little ones, then when they get bigger, you can't leave the house quick enough!! :)

Patty said...

You two are really wonderful parents. I love reading all the things you do with Lizzie. She's one lucky girl. Dad's are special. They get the job done- just in a different way.