Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bringing in the new year....with a bang!

Yesterday we had the chance of bringing the New Year in with literally a BANG! Our first one for the year when Lizzie fell off of a tote and hit the kitchen floor. I knew the time was coming because she just isn't so little anymore and she decides that she is going to climb onto everything. It was not fun to see this happen and I was crying as hard as she was. I don't do well with blood and her mouth and nose were bleeding all over. She wouldn't let me look at it and I was going through paper towels like crazy trying to keep up with the blood. I was the only one home and couldn't get a hold of Koby. After about ten minutes of not sure what to do for her and not being able to get the bleeding to stop or to even be able to look at it, I got a hold of an EMT that lives here in my ward close by and he came over to help me. He suggested to give her a popsicle to see if she would take that to help numb it and to also stop the bleeding. We finally got it stopped and both of us (Lizzie and I) calmed down. (Isn't it crazy how you just can't think of the best possible solution in a situation like this- a popsicle? That is all it took!) Once the bleeding stopped she still wouldn't let us look at it and she actually looked worse covered in all the blood than what the actual injury was. But we think she might have just knocked her teeth somehow into her upper gums and possibly hit her nose. After about 3 otter pops she finally allowed me to put her in the tub and get her cleaned up. Today you can't even really tell. However it is definitely something I do not want to have to repeat.

As you can see in these pictures I took a couple of days ago she is constantly climbing up onto the couch not to mention every other thing she can get onto. I have been really good about keeping the toilet seats down so that she won't play in the toilet and instead the other day I found that she had climbed up onto the seat of it. I can't believe how big my daughter is getting or how big she thinks she is. She is really on the go all the time.

Here are also some videos of Lizzie walking. I know some of you had the chance to see her walk a little over the holidays. But I thought I would still share it with everyone. She is really thinking it is lots of fun now. And of course as you will see in the video she is eating along the way...one of her favorite things to do. I just don't know where she puts it all!

6 comments:

johnandjana said...

I'm so glad she is okay from falling. You scared me to death. She is doing so good walking. Now, she will be into everything. Great fun huh!

robcallfamily said...

So sorry to hear about Lizzie! That is scary! Sorry things didnt work out last weekend...I was way bummed out. Thats fun Lizzie is walking.

Brett and Tiffany said...

Watch out...one day she will be running through your house! Her pants are so cute on her! I am glad she is okay! I think moms get as emotional as the kids when they get hurt! It isn't fun to watch them get hurt! She is quite the climber!

The Foster Bunch said...

Oh the joys of having a toddler. I remember when Nakeaden fell of the couch for the first time. I thought I would die. Thank goodness kids are so tough, because like it or not it will probably happen again. It was so good to see you guys over the holiday. Hope this New Year brings lots of fun and excitment to your little family.

Patty said...

She is so grown up and mature! Soon she'll be asking for her own cell phone and taking the car.

Poulsen Family said...

She's too active to keep on any pounds. Don't we all wish we could have the metabolism of a child!
Hope she keeps safe from any more falls.