I have been wanting to write down some of the milestones that Lizzie has reached for quite some time, and have just never gotten around to it until today. She is now walking all over the place and has been for over a month or more. She hardly ever crawls anymore. She is also becoming more independent when it comes to what she wants to do. She shakes her head no if she doesn't want something. She will entertain herself which is good at times so that I can get things done. Here are a few ways she is entertained. She loves books and looks at all the pictures. I would like to applaud myself for this one because she is reading her Book of Mormon picture book. However I am sure that at the time it just happened to be the book closest to her and so she picked it up. She does like the stories from it though and will point to the pictures. It also doesn't matter if the books are upside down to her she still loves to look at them and point at pictures until I turn it over and show her the right direction. She is also becoming quite the "cheeser" when the camera comes out as you can see in this picture. 
Another way she is entertained is climbing in boxes. I think every kid goes through this stage of when a box is more fun than the new toy you bought for them. I guess whatever works to make them have fun and use their imagination.

Another milestone that Lizzie is working on is her talking. She jabbers all the time and wants you to understand her. Of course we do a lot of nodding our heads and agreeing with her even when we don't understand. Some of the words she currently uses over and over are:
Hey you! and Get it! - these were learned at the sitter's house. The sitter's 2 year old doesn't know Lizzie's name so he says "Hey you" to her all day long and "get it" when they are playing or he wants her to get something. Now Lizzie has made this part of her own vocabulary. Other words we understand are ball, grandpa, Da Da, go, balloon, bubble, and her newest one is waffle.
We also have some signing videos that a friend gave us and those are her favorite to watch. I am amazed at how well she has caught onto the signs and when we say the word she will sign it to us.
Hey you! and Get it! - these were learned at the sitter's house. The sitter's 2 year old doesn't know Lizzie's name so he says "Hey you" to her all day long and "get it" when they are playing or he wants her to get something. Now Lizzie has made this part of her own vocabulary. Other words we understand are ball, grandpa, Da Da, go, balloon, bubble, and her newest one is waffle.
We also have some signing videos that a friend gave us and those are her favorite to watch. I am amazed at how well she has caught onto the signs and when we say the word she will sign it to us.
It is so fun to watch how Lizzie is growing and the progress she is making. She truly is an amazing little girl and is so full of hugs and kisses all the time. We love her so much and don't know what life would be like without her. We continue to thank our Heavenly Father each night for the blessing and miracle she is in our lives.
2 comments:
Great job, Lizzie for reading the Book of Mormon! I don't think they ever grow out of loving boxes! Why do we buy them toys? Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
What a cute cheese picture. I can't wait to see how she walks all over. It will be fun to have you come for a few days. See you tomorrow.
Post a Comment