Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stomach flu?

Last night we experienced a toddler and throw up for the first time in this household! Wow what a mess and I thought spit up was bad when they were a baby.
This is what the night looked like for me... climbed in bed at 11:00...awoke to a choking baby at 12:45 a.m....Koby ran in there fast to find she was throwing up all over in her bed...Koby runs her into the bathroom and leans her over the sink pounding on her back because she is still choking on it...once she stops I start the bath water and undress her. Her pajamas are covered...her hair is plastered to her head....she is as pale as a ghost. I get her washed off and her hair all washed....Koby tears off the blankets of the bed and starts a load of wash...I get Lizzie dressed and brush her hair....and then we finish cleaning everything up. Finally, Koby goes back to bed and I take Lizzie and wrap her in a blanket and rock her in the chair for about 30 minutes before she falls back to sleep. I climb back into my bed at exactly 1:47 and try to get some rest. At 6:45 my alarm goes off and I climb out of bed to go over to the school to do sub plans for a substitute before Koby has to leave for work so that I can stay home with Lizzie to make sure she is feeling well and won't get the babysitters kids sick. Thank goodness for last minute substitutes. Today we have had a fairly good day. She slept in longer than usual and woke up pretty happy. As the day went on she has just layed around and I could tell she didn't really feel very good. But luckily we have had no more throw up. We have watched lots of movies and she is now resting again. Now I am just hoping that Koby and I don't end up with it if it is the stomach flu!
Here she is resting in her bean bag chair earlier today watching the Tinkerbell movie. It is definitely no fun when little ones get sick.

8 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Christopher had that Saturday and Sunday. I luckily have been able to avoid getting it (knock on wood). Hope you and Koby have the same luck as me!

Brett and Tiffany said...

that is really sad .Poor Lizzie. I've never got the stomach flu but i'm sure it hurts. we should come and see you guys again.
malorie

Brett and Tiffany said...

We hope she is feeling better! Malorie was very sad for her! Don't you get sick...we want to see you next week!

Lyman Family said...

Well, I don't know what's wrong with you . . . I LOVE being awakened in the night that way! BLEA. So sorry! It's so hard to see little kids sick. I hope neither of you get it and I hope Lizzie is on the mend!

Amanda said...

Oh poor little girl. I hate it when my kids are sick. Hope you can avoid it and Lizzie gets feeling better soon.

Erin said...

Poor Lizzie! Toddler throw up is definitely worse than baby. It seems like every time Ellie has had stomach something, she ends up throwing up multiple times - no fun for anyone. Hopefully you are all in the clear and Lizzie is feeling better soon.

This Idaho Girl said...

Isn't it awful? The worst is the projectile vomiting. At least you had Koby as your personal assistant. Hope Lizzie feels better soon (and hope you don't catch her bug)!

The Polka Dot Apron said...

Oh, you have my sympathy! We all had the stomach flu this week except Sam (thank you Rino Virus vaccinations!) but thankfully Kolton's was not throw up but the 'other'. I have yet to experience toddler throw up and am not looking forward to it. Way to get a mommy badge of courage for that one!