For the 24th of July this year Lizzie and I decided to make a trip home to Idaho to celebrate. Koby had to work and couldn't go with us. We drove up on Friday and spent that day and evening visiting family. We stopped off at my Aunt Verlene's home to show her a few more things about blogging. While there we had some popcorn out on the deck and watched the airplanes fly over that were practicing for the upcoming air show. It was lots of fun. Then we stopped off at my sister Lindsay's house in Rexburg and Lizzie played with some of her cousins and then her husband brought home pizza for dinner so we stuck around and had some pizza with them. On Saturday we went to the parade in St. Anthony. This was always a tradition growing up. It was fun to watch Lizzie catch candy and be so excited. As you can tell from the pictures she just loves candy. What a lovely mess it is to be a kid with candy! She just loves suckers and taffy!
This picture didn't turn out too well, but I thought it was cute of Lizzie and her cousin Camri. They are waiting for the parade to start.
Mom and Lizzie at the parade.
All the cousins ready to catch more candy!
and of course the gooey taffy
and lovely sticky suckers
On Sunday we were able to go up and stay at a cabin with some of my family in Island Park until Tuesday. It was a really nice cabin with lots of room for all of us. We ate, played games, relaxed, and just had a good time. On Monday night we also went to West Yellowstone and went to the park and let the kids play and then had chicken and salads and rolls before going to the Playmill. I just love seeing the Playmill. This year they performed Beauty and the Beast. It was done very well. Probably one of the best performances I have been to. The only bad part was Lizzie only cooperated through the first 45 min. of it and then my dad ended up taking her out and they never returned. He had decided to take her for a walk up the sidewalks and into the stores to look around. I felt really bad because he didn't get to finish seeing the performance, but I was glad that I had the opportunity. Thanks dad I owe you one for that! The next morning we cleaned up the cabin and headed for home. It was a fun trip and fun to spend time with the family.
Now onto our next adventure as we head to Wisconsin this coming weekend for Koby to take his final nursing exam! Wish us luck! I will hopefully get a chance to see a few sights while out there and post pictures when we return.
3 comments:
We are glad you came to Idaho! It is always fun to have you come! We can't wait to have Lizzie come and stay! Good luck to Koby! We know he will do great...we have watched him do practice scenarios! Have fun on your trip!
Good luck!!!!
I want a yogurt popsicle! I just saw those pictures!!! We had fun down there.
Post a Comment