It has truly been so fun having a little girl. It just amazes me sometimes how blessed we are to have Lizzie as a part of our family. She brings us so much joy. At her age right now she is constantly wanting to do everything right along side us. Just today when I grabbed my purse on the way out the door she stopped and had to go grab her little purse and put it on her arm just like her mommy. She is so silly and cute. This is just a quick update of some fun random cuteness that she has been up to lately.
About a month ago we went and had her haircut for the first time. Her hair has grown in so well I haven't bothered to cut it, but I thought I would just go get it trimmed on the ends a little. It sure curled it up even more just by doing that. She actually did quite well in the chair while it was being cut. I was so proud of her.
Just the other day I was needing to get something done with the rest of the apples we were given. I feel like I have been canning so much this year. Lizzie has been a good little helper when it has come to the garden and fruits and veggies. Again she wanted to be doing exactly what I was doing. My sister Tiffany had given her a little apron for her birthday last year so she wanted that on just like I had one on.
I was trying to cut up apples to make pie filling, but as I was doing that Lizzie wanted to just take all the apples. So I gave her a little job and we decided to dry some in the dehydrator. She loved helping put them on the trays. I am sure she ended up with more in her tummy than on the tray, but we had fun anyway.
And eventually I did get some apple pie filling made and the dried apples tasted great, too.
This is her new favorite thing. We had some friends give her a backpack for her birthday and she seriously could carry it around all day. Before we had left to church last week she wanted her backpack on. So here she is with her backpack and of course her baby. She is such a little mommy. I am sure when we get another baby Lizzie is going to love it. She is always wanting me to wrap her babies in their blankies so she can carry them around. And it is so cute when she sets them down and then tells us all "Shhhh" with her finger over her lips and says "sleep." We have learned that we have to be quiet while her babies are sleeping.
She has also discovered her winter clothes again. Hopefully we won't need these too awful soon. We are enjoying the nice fall weather right now. She insisted on wearing her winter hat around the house for awhile that her cousin Malorie made her for Christmas last year.
3 comments:
She is such a cute little girl! Thanks again for letting me stay there and partake in the goodness of all your fresh veggies! It was fun getting to play with Lizzie some and get to know her a little better also!
She is a little sweetheart and I love it that she wants to do everything that you do. You have been very busy this year with all the canning and stuff. Good job!!!!
Me and my girls just laughed at all of her cute pictures! She makes us smile! You have been quite the canner! Keep up the great work! you will love eating it all!
Post a Comment