November is National Adoption Month and what a great month to remember the wonderful blessings of adoption. Whether you placed a child, were adopted, or received a child through adoption; the blessings are worth celebrating. I am so thankful for the women that have the courage and faith to go through the trial they go through in order to make the decision of giving their child more by placing them for adoption. It seems like trials are just a part of life and we are each given our very own. I will always remember the feelings of wanting a child more than anything for so many years never to know if it would ever happen, always feeling hopeless and full of despair. But then in Sept. 2008 a miracle took place for us because of adoption. Our birthmother Debbie is a remarkable woman and I still to this day can not thank her enough for the blessing she has provided to Koby and I. In our eyes she is the angel to a prayer that went on for many years. It was as if she stood in one line in heaven and I in another, choosing our trials we would face here on earth, knowing that one day if we were faithful we would meet again through our trials. I know it was not easy for Debbie to give birth on Sept. 12th and then to place Elizabeth in my arms on Sept. 15, 2008. I was there at the hospital through it all. A moment that will never be forgotten. http://weloveadoption.blogspot.com/2008/09/home-at-last.htmlHowever, I do know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and if we trust in him he will give us the guidance we need and bring us happiness through our trials. To this day Koby and I have kept an open relationship with our birthmom. We have had many visits, long talks, and shared experiences that only adoption can bring. We share a bond with each other that is so strong because of one little soul. It is amazing what a child can do. Adoption is the most spiritual and reverent experience I have ever experienced. As we are now waiting once again for a second child I know Heavenly Father will answer our prayers with another angel who will have the courage and trust in her Heavenly Father to make the right choice and I look forward to the moment when I will get to experience it all again because of adoption.
I seen this quote on my friend's blog and I also wanted to share it because I loved it so much:
"An adopted child isn’t an unloved child; rather, one that was loved so much by someone who was willing to sacrifice her greatest accomplishment so that child could have more than just her love. Someone who is willing to break her own heart to mend others; someone who watches others tears of joy through her tears of sorrow."
4 comments:
Heather and Koby, you guys are amazing--such great examples of faith, understanding, and patience!
SO well put! I completely agree.
Heather,
What a beautiful post. Adoption is so amazing and I am so thankful for the special angel's, known as birthmom's, that our Heavenly Father has blessed adoptive couples with. Good luck on your next miracle!
Post a Comment