Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Prayer

I had to write this down before I forgot and since my blog is the closest thing I really have to keeping a journal right now I decided to write it here. Tonight at the dinner table Koby asked who wants to say the prayer and Lizzie decided she wanted to. Usually we help her say it, but she said to us "by myself" so we decided to let her try. I thought to myself this ought to be interesting. And it was. It was the sweetest thing ever. This is how her prayer went with a few long pauses between everything, but we were going to let her do it by herself. "Heavenly Father...I am a child of God....bless it...Amen." She was so proud of herself. She wanted to say it again and again. So she prayed on our food 3 times before we finally said it is time to eat it now. It is amazing to me how much little kids really do grasp the things that we teach. Sometimes I always wonder if she is really getting it, but in their own way I guess they do!

2 comments:

johnandjana said...

That is so sweet. I love it! She is a little sweetheart and smarter than we think. Love you Lizzie!

Brett and Tiffany said...

I love to listen to little ones give prayers...all from the heart. I remember one mom wrote down that I said...bless my pancakes! Still love them!