Saturday, October 15, 2011

Puddle Jumping

Last week when the weather was so rainy and cold Lizzie wanted to be outside SO bad. I kept telling her it was cold and wet, but she insisted to play outside. She had recently got a pair of rain boots handed down from a friend and she loves wearing them all the time so I thought why not it will only be for a short amount of time and then she will want to be back inside to get warm. So I put on her rain jacket and of course the rain boots and I let her go splash in the puddles. She laughed and thought it was great! And like I expected it was for a short amount of time before she was cold and wet and wanted to come inside. It is amazing what little joys can bring a smile to ones face like a puddle of water.

Once we came inside I fixed her a warm cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows and we warmed our feet by our electric fire place. She just kept telling me "that was fun." I just love being a mom and enjoy the time I get to spend with my daughter.

1 comment:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Looks like fun! I need a pair of those cute boots!