This year Koby decided to dig up some ground out back and plant a HUGE pumpkin patch. Well it may not have been HUGE to some, but it was plenty BIG for us. We were not planning to use all of our pumpkins for carving. Koby thought it would be fun for Lizzie to learn to work alongside him during the summer months and then come harvest time they would sell them and she could start her a savings account with the money she earned. I was quite surprised, but they did a pretty good job. We had close to 200 pumpkins in our patch and we sold every last one of them except the few that went bad. And if we had more we could have probably sold those, too. Even the green ones went which I was quite surprised. I guess if you can get a pumpkin for a dollar you can easily paint over the green. Right towards the end Koby was afraid we would get stuck with a bunch of them so he just priced them all a dollar. We had people stopping for pumpkins right up to Halloween day. Next year I think we will for sure do it again! Here is Lizzie and her dad bringing up the pumpkins.

so proud of all of her pumpkins.
We did decorate with a few on the front step and she painted some with the preschool kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment