Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fall Festivities

It has taken me awhile to get all my pictures on here and posted from all of our festivities this fall. We have definitely stayed busy and have had lots of fun. One of my favorite things to do in the fall is go to the pumpkin walk in North Logan. This year the weather was so good the day Lizzie and I went. We also went one evening with Koby and that was a little colder that night. But the day time was so nice. I think we will definitely do that again next year. There were not a lot of people there which made it even more fun to take lots of pictures and enjoy all the different scenes. Hence the picture overload. Which by the way my friend Kristin I took a lot for you. Wish you could have been there. Sorry it took me so long to get them on here. The theme this year was "Our Favorite Things."Angry Birds....gotta love this one for all of you who know how to play this game! I still haven't caught onto this idea.A Christmas Story....this one was put together very well. It looked like the real characters from the show.
This was a fun preschool one. Lizzie liked it with all the fun toys.FantasiaCandyLand

This year it was especially fun to go because our FSA (Families Supporting Adoption) group here in the valley put together a scene. We were able to help with some of the painting and putting together of that. These next pictures are from that scene. It was called Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends. I have never seen the show but I guess it is all about adoption. It turned out really cute.Yes that is my daughter in the scene. As I was taking pictures she ran in it, but soon got kicked out. If you look close enough you can see the little sign with Lizzie's name on it next to the pumpkin she painted. She did not want to cooperate with getting her picture taken at this point.
Here we have Tangled and a fun zoo one. Another favorite one I liked was this Winnie the Pooh. They did a great job putting it together. I can't believe the amount of work that goes into all the planning of these scenes. Then of course the usual head mounts at the end where the kids can poke their heads in. Those of you that have been there know the feeling of chasing your kid from one to the next. Lizzie tried this one with Clifford and the only way I caught a picture is because she put her head in too far and got caught. She couldn't get away before I snapped the picture. We had to wiggle her free to get her head out. That pretty much wrapped up our day at the pumpkin walk.

PAINTING PUMPKINS: After painting pumpkins for preschool Lizzie still wanted to do more. So one afternoon we picked out a few of our pumpkins (even a green one) and played around painting them. She wanted to do a spider so we tried a few things to pull off a spider for her. I also did a fun one with her hand prints and we made them into ghosts. She thought that was pretty cool.AMERICAN WEST HERITAGE CENTER: This fall we also went to Fall Harvest Days and did the fall festivities there. We joined my brother and his family for family night. However, instead of Koby we ended up taking our neighbor Hanna. She is basically family to us. Koby ended up working on our car port that night with his relative. This was the only day they could get it done. We had a good time. Lizzie loved riding the ponies. We had to go on them twice for her.
Then we rode on the train.
And tried out the home made slide. You basically rode carpets on plastic. They didn't really move that great for some of us.
Then there was the hay stacks and a tube slide. Lizzie definitely loved this part. Anything she can climb on she is all for.
Hanna even tried to help her climb the rope to the top of a huge haystack, but it didn't work too well.
Then we went into the corn maze. We learned that we shouldn't have waited until dark to do this part. It was hard to see in there. They didn't have enough lights. And to top it off it was pretty muddy. Lizzie didn't want me to hold her so Aunt Courtney got to carry her through it. And Max didn't want his mother to hold him so we swapped kids for awhile. We did make it all the way through thanks to Christopher and his map skills. Definitely a fun night!

3 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Looks like lots of fun! one year I am going to have to bring my kids down to the pumpkin walk. I love that thing! Max looks like Bryce in all of Bryce's stuff....hat and jacket!

johnandjana said...

That was a fun post and you have had a lot of fun this Fall. I love all of the pics.

BrandonKristin said...

Thanks for taking all of those pictures to show me! I am so sad I missed it and missed going with you!