Sunday, February 19, 2012

The days of a 3 year old!

What would it be like to be 3 again? Here are some random things Lizzie has been up to at our house. Of course this is only "SOME" of the random things I got pictures of. She is definitely a busy child that keeps us on our toes at all times. This is very common of Lizzie...Sharing her dad's spaghetti! She always wants what other people are eating, especially when it comes to her dad. Koby had worked late this night and by the time he got home he was hungry and ready to eat. I guess by the looks of things Lizzie was, too. As you can see it was late enough that Lizzie had already eaten and was in her jammies and soon heading to bed. But I guess not until she gets her 2nd dinner for the night.
Then we have the rock star that always has to have her sunglasses on and every time mom is going to make something in the kitchen that little rock star has to be the helper. She definitely is a good helper. She is mashing the bananas for me so I can make banana bread.
She is also becoming quite independent and helps herself to anything she wants. Pushes chairs over to the counter so she can climb up into the cupboard where the snacks are. She opens the fridge when she thinks she is hungry and I found this out last week...she can even peel an orange by herself when she thinks she needs one.
She thought this was pretty hilarious when I asked her what she was doing. She says, "Just eating an orange, mom!" Here we have that same silly Lizzie who likes to dress up and wear her dad's hat in the house while watching cartoons.Then we have the quiet Lizzie that you have to be cautious of. If left too long and I haven't heard her in awhile we get this! Yes the drawers being emptied out all over the floor. After I took her picture she was a little embarrassed and hid her face into the clothes. But oh well, I guess we are only 3 once and this is how we learn. Lizzie has amazed me at how much she is learning and developing. Here are a few pictures of preschool. She is loving it so much now. We have had lots of fun! This is doing some science experiments during our science unit. Here we are practicing writing our letters in shaving cream. She mostly just smeared it all over with her hands and would squeeze it between her fingers. She loves this kind of stuff and enjoys getting messy. And of course anything that includes candy she loves.
Or paint. Where would we be without paint? This girl loves to paint. This was a painting project we had started in preschool with a brush. However, after the kids left preschool Lizzie thought finger painting would be better with the leftover paint. Good thing this is washable paint because it was put to the test with this girl. It is lots of fun doing preschool with her and the other kids. They ALL keep me on my toes and definitely keep me entertained. Sometimes it makes me want to step back in time and be 3 again!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That all looks so fun!! I so wish Camri could be in your preschool. She woulld LOVE it! I am not very consistant with it! Hope to see you guys soon!

Brett and Tiffany said...

WOW! You are such a good preschool teacher to have all of that paint and shaving cream! Lizzie is a lucky girl to have such a great mom who recognizes the stages of life as "learning"! Love that little girl!

johnandjana said...

That little girl just makes me smile. She is so full of life and wants to learn everything. You are such a good Mom to let her do all of those things. I would have freaked out with all that paint.