Sunday, March 18, 2012

Did you have a lucky St. Patty's Day?

We got a little lucky and had so much fun with a little Leprechaun visiting us yesterday. I had put together a treasure hunt for Lizzie and Koby to take part in.
I got the idea from this site the crafting chicks. I couldn't Linkget her printables to print so I used her idea and made my own on construction paper.
Lizzie loved following the colors of the rainbow. At the end she kept following the feet right up to the lucky charms. I usually don't buy Lucky Charms so she was in for a real treat! The leprechaun also left some fun rainbow jelly beans and rainbow cookies. Then I put together a green basket with a bunch of favorite items for Koby that had the color green and used another cute idea from this site. I used a few of these printables. When we got ready to eat our lucky charms Lizzie noticed something else... Our milk was green. She thought this was so funny. She kept saying, "that silly Leprechaun!" This is quite the face she pulled while drinking her "green" milk. It sure was a lot of fun. I am sure we will have to have another leprechaun next year. Hope you had a Happy St. Patrick's Day and didn't get pinched!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Very cute! Thanks for listing the links, too- I am convinced we need a Leperchaun at our house next St. Patrick's Day.

Brett and Tiffany said...

Those are fun ideas. We colored our milk at breakfast too!

Lacey and Zach said...

Such cute ideas! Lizzie is growing so fast. She's a doll

johnandjana said...

What a fun thing to do. I totally forgot it was St. Patricks day until Tif and the kids stopped by. Crazy Granny!