
This girl loves to cook. Anytime I want to make something, including dinner, she has a chair pulled right up to the counter and says, "I will help you mama." Yes she has this thing lately with calling me "mama." Not sure where she picked up on that one. She is really getting to be quite a little helper which is nice. This last week I got ambitious and wanted to make cinnamon rolls. This is not something I do often. I think I have only made cinnamon rolls one other time in my life. It really wasn't that bad to make them and easier than I thought. Maybe it was the recipe I used. It came out of the Worldwide Ward Cookbook. The dough was easy to handle and Lizzie and I had a great time making them. Lizzie really loved shaking all the sugar and cinnamon on them. And we decided to throw in some nuts and leave out the raisins. I am not a raisin fan so I decided since I was making them and going to be eating them we were going to leave them out.

She kept telling me that this was a big huge snake and she didn't like snakes. But then she would just pat it like it was her pet. What a girl!


She couldn't quite get the hang of cutting them with the floss so I did the cutting while she arranged them on the pan. She was pretty proud because she told me this one was for her...it was just her size.


And then here is our finished product. Boy were they delicious!

And of course we had to have a nice tall glass of milk to go with them
.
3 comments:
oohhh! Those look yummy! Maybe if you get bored you could make more on Friday when we come down! haha! Can't wait to see you!
How about getting the recipe. They sure look good and how your teaching your little daughter so young. Great.
That little Lizzie is getting to be quite the cook. And, I'm proud of you for making cinnamon rolls. They look really good. Maybe you can make them when you come up this next week.
Post a Comment