We have done a lot this summer so far. I am having a hard time keeping up on my blog with everything going on. Right at the beginning of June my friend Kim cleaned out closets and shared another tote of clothes with us that her girls had outgrown. Lizzie was elated. It was so funny as I was going through the clothes Lizzie was pulling different ones out and trying them on. This is the outfit she came up with. A little of everything you could say. You gotta love the way she layered stuff on. She even has boots and a coat. She wore the boots for 2 days before I could finally convince her that I needed to put them away for colder weather.
So far this summer we have enjoyed the pool a few times in Logan, but the majority of our swimming has been right here in our own yard. Lizzie could be in the pool daily. And I could work outside on all the home improvement projects I am trying to accomplish. My list of things that need to be done is huge to say the least, but I am checking them off one at a time.
We also ended up with a cute picnic table from our neighbor. He was in need of a TV for his boys and we had one we were getting rid of. He traded us for this table that his boys were now too big for. It worked out great for us. We don't have to trip over the TV anymore and Lizzie loves having picnics and eating outside.
We also went to playgroup in June at Willow Park. We packed a lunch, let the kids play, and then went through the zoo. Lizzie had lots of fun.
The ducks kept flying right over the fence and at the kids. There was a time Lizzie got really close and almost touched one. It is great to have some fun playgroups for Lizzie so she can be around other kids and have someone else to play with besides her mom.
Lizzie and her friend Brookley
For Father's Day Lizzie and I surprised Koby with a new hammock and some other goodies that he likes. Lizzie also gave him some "POP ROCKS" candy. Koby let her try them and she loved how they would pop in her mouth. It was so fun to watch her.
I tried to get a picture of them in the hammock, but the sun was too bright!
Towards the end of the month we had some visitors for a week....Lizzie's cousins Malorie and Kallie. Boy was that a fun and very busy week. We played hard and got very little sleep. My sister Tiffany brought them down along with her boys Conner and Bryce. We went to the Aquatic Center that day and pretty much chased Lizzie at the pool trying to keep her out of the deep end. (that is why there are no pictures) We were tired by the time we left the pool. Then we all got an ice cream at Charlie's. Tiffany and her boys stayed that night at my house before leaving back home. As soon as they left Malorie and Kallie were ready to begin their vacation for a week. We had to get everything planned out what we were going to do. We started out by walking down to the park and taking a lunch with us. Later we made a HUGE cupcake cake. The one and only time I took pictures. Not sure why I didn't have my camera on me for all the other stuff we did.
These girls loved this. Here are some pictures to show you what a great job they did with decorating their cake. They all helped out with it in some way.
Kallie icing the top!
Malorie icing the bottom!
Even Lizzie organized the M&M's by color for the roof.
Here is the finished product. The fun thing about this cupcake is you can bake it so that you can fill the middle with something like pudding, cream, or even ice-cream. Malorie chose to do a chocolate cake with whip cream.Then they decorated it to look like a house.
I guess you could say they were proud of the finished product!
And of course they helped out on the eating of it, too. There wasn't a crumb left!
For the rest of the week, we played outside a lot, ran through the sprinklers, played in Lizzie's little swim pool, did some cooking and a couple of cookouts around the fire, made smores, went boating with friends, went to the pool at Grolls, ate ice-cream, took them to Bear Lake and had fries and shakes at LaBeaus. Then we went to the Pickleville where Malorie ended up on stage playing the piano and being sung to. That was definitely fun to watch and she loved every minute of it. Malorie also helped me organize preschool stuff, went hiking, had root beer floats, played card games, watched movies, made homemade crayons, and went to the library. I am sure the list could go on and on. There was not a dull moment. I am so glad they came and stayed with us. We all had a good time!
After our week of fun here then I drove them back up home and stayed a few days with my family. We had another fun day at the Splash Park in Rexburg with all the cousins. And a fun day at Grandma's house with the blow up pool and slip and slides. It is so great to have such a wonderful family. It is always full of good times!!!
We have also had a few lazy days of sleeping in, even though we have stayed busy and on the go this summer. WE LOVE SUMMERTIME!
2 comments:
Your summer is full of fun! I am so happy you had fun with my girls! they love coming down! Thanks again! They keep talking about it!
Reading about all you did makes me feel like Lizzy in the last picture. Tired. Great memories though.
Post a Comment