Sunday, August 26, 2012

Camping, canning, and cousins

 We finally got a chance to do some camping this summer. I don't know if this is real camping or not, but sometimes it is as close as we get. Usually there is some camping done here in the yard with the tent pitched in the backyard during the summer months. But this time we were able to go up to where our friends have some property on the river and pitch our tent. We did some cooking on the camp chef and enjoyed the evening star gazing. The only thing that we didn't get to do was have a camp fire because of the high fire danger this year. Even though it isn't far from home it was a chance to get out of town and away from doing work.
 
The next morning Lizzie was checking things out and found herself some pine cones.
 
 This month we have also had plenty of canning to do. Lizzie has been a great help this year. She likes to help me with the beans. It is fun for her to snap them and put them in the bottles. I hope she enjoys this for years to come because things sure go faster when you have a helper.
 
 And we can't forget the last few days of summer with some cousin time. Max came out for a few hours one day and we babysat him. These two have so much fun together. They wanted to eat their lunch on the picnic table and I said why not....less mess for this mom to have to clean up.  I would have to say these two are "CHEESERS!"

1 comment:

Poulsen Family said...

Ha ha! Those are some cheesers. Thanks for watching him. And thanks for letting me have some of your garden so I could can too!