Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The friends we meet in this life

A dear friend of the family passed away Monday night. I am so sad for the loss of this great man. It sometimes makes you wonder why the people we meet come into our lives when they do. He was a great inspiration and a blessing to our family. I still remember the evening we sat at his table with him and his wife and talked adoption. They had previously started a new family and had adopted a little girl. She was the light of his world and he gave us great hope. He couldn't have painted a more beautiful picture of what adoption does for a family. Because of him and this family we started our adoption process and now have a beautiful daughter because of it. They have stood by us through everything. We will be eternally grateful for the blessing he brought into our lives. He will be missed dearly. We love you Blake Winward!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a great man indeed! I am heartbroken for his family. I know that he was a very very dear friend to my dad and he will be sorely missed.