Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happenings for us...

 Happenings at this home have been a happening. Lizzie is in a dance class and loves to go to dance. Not sure how much she is liking the dancing, but she must love something about it. She loves getting ready to go and she tells me all about her friends. I think she is there for the social part of it. Her teachers tell me she dances really good at first and then she sometimes just wants to go sit down and watch. So I am not sure how much dancing is really being done.
 I was so excited I tried a new braid on her hair so I had to show it off. She actually held still long enough for me to do it! Yay!
 We also had a ward ski night recently and Koby enjoyed his night on the slopes. I am not so good at downhill skiing so I stayed in the lodge and played games with some of the younger kids. Next year Koby wants to get Lizzie out on a pair of skiis so we will see how that goes. It was fun to watch Koby come down off the slopes. He is a pretty good skier. 
 
 Now isn't there a saying that says something like a dirty house means your kids are having fun!!! Well this day Lizzie enjoyed everything there was to enjoy and I didn't make her clean it up all day. We were not going anywhere and nobody was coming over so she just got one thing out and then another and was very creative in her play. She loves to play with all the things in the preschool. And she loves when I am not trying to make her keep it cleaned up for preschool.
 She had all the chairs lined up and made a train for her animals. 
 If you look really close you can even see Lizzie in our little reading tent. This was her little home. She is so creative in how she plays. It is so fun to watch her grow and change as she gets older.

This month for Dr. Seuss day at preschool we made these fun cat in the hat striped jellos. The kids really liked them and they were so easy to make. 
 Don't all kids love jello? I know this one does!
 
 Then this last week for St. Patrick's Day in our little 3 year old group we made this fun Shamrock hat out of a paper plate. And of course we had a leprechaun bring us some fun goodies that we found in his pot.
 Lizzie also wanted to make some leprechaun jello so for family night she did the treat and mixed us up some green lime jello with cool whip and we had a fun leprechaun treat. We made it really fun by putting it in fancy glasses for each of us. I forgot to get a picture of it in the glasses before it was eaten. This is a very funny picture of her while she was stirring. The first picture she didn't really smile so I told her to smile and I would take it again. Boy did she smile! She was so excited!
 
 Gotta love this kid!

2 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Looks like fun at your house! I didn't know Lizzie was taking dance!

johnandjana said...

You do the cutest things with her. She is one lucky little girl.