Life has been so busy lately I feel like I can't catch up on my blog. With the holidays here I am sure I will not catch up for awhile. There are just so many fun things to do. We are so excited this year we have an "elf" that came to visit our home for Lizzie. She is at such a fun age to enjoy the holidays and feel the magical spirit of Christmas. Earlier today I had a heart wrenching moment when I walked in on her kneeling on her hands and knees next to her Elf (who she named Jolly) and she was praying to her Heavenly Father to please, please, please send her a baby for Christmas. My eyes just started to swell as I heard her and I had to step back for a moment and take in the fact that first #1 she knows where sweet children come from and #2 that she would pray for something so precious. If only it could be that simple. If only I knew how to answer her sweet prayers. Sometimes I wonder in life why we go through the trials we go through. We all have them and if we rely on our Heavenly Father and remember Him then He will guide us through and help us. I hope I can remember Him just like my daughter and feel His warm spirit and the true meaning of why we celebrate Christmas.
2 comments:
This is such a nice post! Oh, the faith of a child! It is wonderful! We continue to pray every day for that same miracle! I am going to hand out the pass along cards you gave us! We will continue to keep your family in our prayers! It was terrific having you guys up here this weekend!
Great post and story Heather. Lizzie is so sweet and innocent...just like all children. We will continue praying for you as well and wish you the best through the Holidays.
Post a Comment