Today is a very special day for us. On March 28th last year we were able to become a forever family. We had the opportunity of taking Elizabeth to the Logan temple and having her sealed to us. I remember it being a nice Spring day and having lots of family and friends there to support us. I still remember getting to the temple and just feeling overwhelmed with joy and excitement of all the things that were going to take place that day. When we arrived at the temple my mom got to stay with Lizzie in the nursery. She changed her into her white dress to be sealed and then blessed in. Then she got to bring her up to the sealing room when it was time. It was so fun to be able to have my mom be a part of this with us. We also had President Andreason from Koby's home town be our sealer. What a remarkable man and for the inviting spirit that was there when he spoke to us. Following the sealing we went back to the church where Koby was able to give her a name and a blessing.
Through this adoption experience I know that Koby and I have experienced many things that others may not. I often look at trials differently now and have learned that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of us and that plan is different for everyone. We are so grateful for a wonderful birthmother who made the choice to place Elizabeth in our family. We love the happiness Lizzie brings into our lives. I look forward to the continuos opportunities and blessings the Lord may bless us with. 


3 comments:
What sweet pictures and memories. Being sealed to our adopted children is a wonderful experience. I know it first hand. It is hard to put into words. I too am grateful for adoption and the trial of infertility. Much love to you and your sweet family.
THat was a fun weekend! Hard to believe it was a year ago! Time flies FAST!
What a special day! I can't believe it's been a year already!
Post a Comment