The Monday before Easter for family home evening we colored our eggs. We tried something new this year and dyed them with Kool Aid. They sure smelled good. The colors came out fairly pretty but if rubbed too hard it would come off. Lizzie enjoyed doing the eggs this year. She kept wanting to do more. I was only afraid if we colored more they would not get eaten, since I am the only one who will eat a boiled egg in this house. I kept trying to get Lizzie to try one but she just wanted them scrambled. A little hard to do once they are boiled. Still such a fun tradition of coloring eggs.
DO you think she is happy or what?
Then on Easter morning she woke up to a little surprise left by the Easter bunny. Some sidewalk chalk and other little toys and of course some easter candy. We got her a cute Easter dress to wear to church, too.
And as you may notice this little one has become quite independent and likes to dress herself in whatever she wants. Hence that is why her pajamas are not matching. She insisted on wearing this to bed the night before. I guess we all know at some point independence is a good thing!
She loves to create music and especially a drum out of whatever she can find here at home. Good thing the Easter bunny found a kid drum for her to play. She was so excited. She said to me, "He knew I always wanted one." It was so cute. She immediately had to play us a song.
All dressed up and ready for church!
On Easter Sunday Koby and I had to talk in sacrament. We both spoke on the resurrection. I am so grateful for Easter and for the true meaning of why we celebrate it. I want to
share with you my own testimony that I know that my Savior lives. He has a body of flesh and bones. He is the Only Begotten Son of the Father in
the flesh. He is the Savior, the Light and Life of this world. And I am so grateful
to be a part of this gospel and His true church and to have the knowledge that I have… to know without a
doubt that if I choose to be faithful and to follow His path I will have the
opportunity to see Him again.
Following church on Easter Sunday Lizzie and I drove up home to my parents. We love to go see family whenever we can and we had the whole week off for Spring Break. So we had the chance to visit all the cousins and my mom and dad. We had an Easter egg hunt. Lizzie jumped on the trampoline and played in the sandbox. She seen all the farm animals at her cousins. We did some shopping and went to the movie and had popsicles and ice cream. It was so nice to just get away from home for awhile and take it easy. Thanks to all my family for making it so fun for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment