Five years ago this exact day something very exciting happened for Koby and I. This was the day that Lizzie's birthmom Debbie made her first contact with us through an email. You can read more about that day here. I still remember the day and how so many emotions were going through my
mind. I know some of you that read this blog that have experiences with
adoption know exactly what I am talking about.There are so many special days and milestones that come with adoption.
I am so grateful for Debbie and for her courage to make that initial contact. I cannot even imagine what courage and strength that would take. I do know that after meeting her and seeing her for the first time we were instantly friends and will always be. We connected immediately and she knew we were the ones that were to raise this baby. There was no doubt in her mind. The spirit was felt between all of us that were a part of that first meeting, and several other times later as we met, before Lizzie was actually born. Debbie was carrying the baby girl that was meant to come to our home so that she could have a father and a mother to love and to teach her. To this day five years later, I say thank you Debbie for having the courage to give us the best gift ever. I am always thinking of you and wish you the best!
1 comment:
Happy story, Happy DAY!
Post a Comment