This was such a sad day but I still wanted to blog about it so that I would remember the events of the day. In August Lizzie had to have eye surgery because her eyes would roll out. The doctor had reccommended to have it done before she started school the next fall. So we decided this was the best time for us as a family. This picture is before they took her in. By the look of things she had no idea about what was going to happen soon. We had tried to explain some of it to her so that she wasn't too scared, but I don't think she could comprehend much of it. She thought it was pretty cool to put on that cute tigger hospital outfit. For all she knew she was going on a new adventure. It broke my heart when they came in and took her. I was scared for her. This was her first time ever having a surgery or even having to be in the hospital.
When they brought her back to us I was trying to be strong. They told us that because it was an eye surgery that we may see some blood in her tears at first and that this was normal. When they first brought her in she hadn't quite come out of the anestheia. When she did she started to cry and of course was afraid. She couldn't open her eyes or maybe just wouldn't because of how it felt. I was holding her hand to the side of her bed and she kept crying mommy I can't see you! When she cried of course there was the blood which made me even cry and sob. I had a hard time keeping myself together. I hate to see her hurting. So her daddy held her close and comforted her.
After a little while she started to calm down and slowly open her eyes. They brought her in a popsicle which made her happy. When it was time to go home they took her IV out and gave her a little prize for being such a good patient.
I am so happy that she is doing better now.
No comments:
Post a Comment