Friday, January 2, 2009
Bringing in the NEW YEAR....
Do you know what is worse than a sick baby? You being sick, too. That is right this is how we brought in the new year. Lizzie started out sick earlier this week and I caught it big time on New Year's Eve and have had a drippy nose and head cold ever since. We did go to a friends house on New Years Eve, but we were home and in bed by 11:30 because Lizzie wouldn't fall asleep and I also didn't feel well. I was going to watch the ball drop on T.V. but fell asleep at 5 minute countdown. I guess it is the same every year so I didn't miss too much. Good thing we don't have any huge plans and can just sleep in and take naps all day whenever we feel like it. You can tell by the looks of my house that we haven't been up to much around here. I haven't even got my Christmas decorations down yet. I don't like having a sick baby, but I definitely don't like being sick right along with her. We both just cry together. Luckily, last night when Koby got home he did rock Lizzie and try to keep her happy while I took a nice hot bubble bath. That will make a person feel better. If you are sick I would recommend it to anyone. Thanks Koby for the time to just relax. The only thing that would have been better would have been to not hear my baby crying. Koby was trying his best, but she just didn't feel good either. It just breaks your heart when there is nothing more you can do. I sure hope your new year was great and that our 2009 year gets a little better than this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am so sorry that you guys have been sick. I hope that you both get over it quickly. Good luck with everything...it is hard when they are sick and you feel like you cant do anything else for them and they are so sad. It will pass though and then you appreciate being healthy!
Don't worry about your house...just get better...both of you! Bubble baths are the best...especially really hot ones! I wish you lived closer so we could help you when you are sick.
Pooh,
I am sorry you are sick and Lizzie too. Yesterday I started sneezing a ton and I have a little stuffiness, but I keep telling myself that I won't get sick. The power of positive thinking, I hope.
We are in the same boat you are. All three of our kids have some serious croup/cold going on. We have been up with them every night for a week. Nights are bad, because they can't breathe good. Hope you both get better soon.
Sorry your sick. It stinks when kids are sick and all they do is cry. I actually enjoyed when they didn't feel so good but they just wanted you to hold them. Sorry to say you will see lots of this before you are done. Get better!!
I'm so sorry you both are sick. It's rotten isn't it? If you need anything give me a call. Hope you both get feeling better soon!
Okay so Lizzie is growing so fast and is absolutely a doll!!
I have to admit I was looking at your blog names to find some of the people from the adoption classes and noticed that you have the Ruudes on yours to. What a small world this is. How do you know them? I just love Toni and KoriAnn.
Post a Comment