Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Getting out and doing something....
Sometimes it seems like January can just drag on and be so bitter cold and miserable. However, this weekend we did find time to get out and do something. I decided that I would try cross country skiing again. I had tried it a time or two before and it wasn't too bad. The snow was just right for it so I went and rented some skiis so Koby and I could go. We went up to Grace on Saturday and Koby and I went for a couple of hours and gave it a try. I have to say I only fell down once and Koby fell down three times. Of course he probably wouldn't want me telling anyone that. He has done a lot of skiing but me I am not a big skier at all. He just hadn't been in awhile. It was a beautiful day up in the mountains and we got away from the lovely inversion we have here in Utah. Thanks to my mother in law she watched Lizzie for us. Then we went back to Koby's parents house and Lori had made soup and hot bread right out of the oven. She makes the best homemade bread. Thanks Lori! I also had yesterday off from school for Martin Luther King day so Koby and I tried the skiis once again just out in the field behind our house. We even took Lizzie out for a little while and let her get a little fresh air. This is her all bundled up. Once we brought her in she was pretty pooped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Cross-country skiing sounds way fun. Lizzie is so cute! We miss you guys, hope to see you soon!
Way to get out and enjoy yourselves. I haven't been cross-country skiing since Brett and I dated. That is very sad. We might have to try it sometime. I love that big picture of Lizzie! She gets cuter with every picture and she was cute to begin with!
I'm glad you got to get out in the fresh air and ski. Good for you! Lizzie is going to have more experiences doing things than me. I bet she enjoyed it.
The way to go skiing out in the fresh air.That will get rid of those old flu bugs. Also makes you feel better after exercising. Little lizzie sure end up with rosy cheeks. Like I said before I've just got to have that cute picture of her. She gets cuter each one you take of her.
Happy skiing.
Wow! That sounds fun. Wish we were a little more adventurous like that :>! She sure is cute all bundled up!
She is a yummy little marshmallow all bundled up like that!
Tony was in Grace Friday, so you guys just missed each other. Call us when you are ever in Grace. Tony works that direction every weekend.
Post a Comment