Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend!

I always love the holidays! It is so great to have something fun and special to look forward to. This Valentine's I had 'two" special people in my life to celebrate with. We decided to have Valentine's go all weekend and did fun stuff each day. On Friday night Koby brought me home some beautiful red tulips and I surprised Koby and just had a romantic dinner here at home. He had to work late this night and it is a little harder going "Out" with a baby. So we decided to just stay home and have dinner.
On Saturday we decided to go into Logan and just go do some shopping. Koby said for Valentine's Day we were going to go get a decent couch and get rid of our "Futon" in the TV room. As many of you know we have had a "Futon" for a long time and it is definitely worn in and needs to be replaced with something decent to sit on. We found us a great buy on a recliner couch. I can't wait until it arrives in the next week. That night after shopping we picked us up a Papa Murpheys pizza and went home and baked it and watched the Aggies "lose" to Boise State. When the game was over Koby decided to try to put together Lizzie's highchair. She is starting to get big enough and trying to sit up so we thought this would be fun for her. Koby was pretty excited about the finished project. Thanks to my Aunt Brenda and the Sutton cousins for the highchair. They gave it to us at the baby shower and we are just now getting to use it. We love it though.
On Sunday I made some fun sugar cookies. I always love to make sugar cookies for the holidays and I didn't get a chance to get them done on Valentine's Day because we were out shopping too long so we did them yesterday. Lizzie took a nice Sunday afternoon nap on our bed piled high with pillows. That would be her daddy that did that and then he wanted to take a picture of her. Doesn't she look so peaceful. I decided to make a "Big" sugar cookie for the "Dad" in the family from his "sweet" daughter. So here is the cookie that says "I love my Daddy!"
Overall, we had a great Valentine's Weekend. Here are some of the fun gifts and things from our Valentine's Day! And here are my "Two" cute special Valentine's!

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Way to go! What a fun Valentine's weekend you had! It is so fun to see you and Koby being parents! I always knew you would both be awesome parents! Way to have a romantic dinner! The tulips are really pretty! Good job Koby! Aren't husbands wonderful!

Marsha said...

Congrats on the new couch! What a fun Valentine's you had.

Poulsen Family said...

Those cookies look super yummy! I can't wait to try out your new couch. Thank goodness for blogs, so I can keep up on Lizzie- she has grown so much since I saw her at Christmas!

johnandjana said...

Boy it looks like you had a wonderful Valentines. I can't wait to come and sit on the new couch, and to see all of you. See you in a few days. Love, Mom

robcallfamily said...

I love all your valentine goodies! I really want to see you guys! It feels like its been forever. I havent bought anything on that lulu blog, but she has a lot of cute things.