Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lots of posts. Trying to catch up.

Last night we had the worst storm I have seen in awhile. It came late evening and when it hit it really hit hard. I have no pictures of it, but I felt like we were in a hurricane by the way the winds and rain and hail hit. There was lots of lightning and thunder, too. Lizzie didn't like it too much. I was just getting ready to put her down for bed, but she couldn't sleep with all the noise of the storm. She just stayed in my arms and continually pinched the back of my arm. I could tell she wasn't sure what to think. We just sat in the house and watched it. It tore the screen off our kitchen window. It almost tore the screen door off the back of the house. It kept blowing open, but Koby ran out in the middle of the storm and latched it so that it couldn't come loose. The wheel line in the field next to us came a rolling towards our house and ended up in our yard. It came within a few feet of hitting the house. Thank goodness it didn't or it might have done some damage. Thanks to an old gas line pole that sticks up on the west side of our yard it missed the house. That is the only thing that stopped it. The good thing is we won't have to water the garden or flowers for awhile. Even though my flowers are now laying in the dirt looking like they have been beaten pretty hard.

1 comment:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Camping looked fun...I am glad lizzie liked it! Love the licorice...that brought back memories of doing the same thing with Kallie one time in Park City! Sorry about the rabbits, but it is good Koby didn't lose Lizzie! :)