Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Our Rabbit!
As you have read on an earlier post our little white rabbit (Vanilla) died a little over a week ago. Well about a week ago I left Koby with Lizzie while I went to a party with some friends and they had decided to get our rabbit (Chocolate) out of the cage and let it run around a little eating grass in the back yard. Koby had it tied up with a collar that he had bought so that it wouldn't get away like it usually does and get into the neighbor's yard. Well, the next morning Koby realized he had left the rabbit out all night and didn't get it put back in its cage. (Boy, am I glad he forgot about the rabbit and not Lizzie. HA HA!) I guess he was just too busy trying to juggle everything tending Lizzie that he had totally forgotten. He went out to check and you guessed it...the rabbit was gone. He had chewed through the collar and had escaped. We checked everywhere for him. Koby was determined to find him and just return him to the Humane Society. It just wasn't working out. Two days later Koby spotted Chocolate in the yard and tried to catch him but no luck. Do you know how fast a rabbit is? I had no idea. He got away again and has not been seen since. We are now petless and I am thinking that we might need to wait a little longer before we try another one. We are just hoping that the rabbit doesn't wipe out someone's flower beds or garden. Or we might not be liked in the neighborhood for long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment