Monday, July 6, 2009

Red+White+Blue = 4th of July Festivities

Our 4th of July weekend started a day or two earlier. On Wednesday Christopher and Courtney came to stay with us for the night before they went to Bear Lake on Thursday to play on the lake. After visiting with them we decided we would join them the next day. I picked Koby up after work and we headed over to meet them and to go to the Pickleville Playhouse that night. The show was Juanito Bandito. It was pretty hilarious and Lizzie even enjoyed it. We decided to stay over at Bear Lake with them that night and camp since Koby had Friday off. We made smores and sat around the fire visiting before we all climbed into the tent for the night. The next morning we had breakfast and then packed up to head over to Logan to the Car Show. This is something we can't miss. Koby loves old cars and Christopher really wanted to see it since he hasn't been to it since his mission because he is usually gone in the summers. We walked around the car show and seen lots of old cars and then had lunch at Cafe Sabor before Christopher and Courtney left to see Courtney's family for the holiday. Koby and I went home and relaxed for a couple of hours before the next fun began. My other brother Trever and his family were coming to stay with us. They got there later that evening. We all had dinner and then Koby and I and his parents went over to the Logan firework show. We were meeting up with some friends of ours Kristin and Brandon and their little boy Zach. We had a great time visiting and watching the fireworks. We have done this for the last couple of years and it is so fun to get together. We were afraid that the rain storm was going to hit us, but luckily it blew right past and we still got to see the fireworks. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of anything until the day of the 4th.
The next morning on the 4th we started the day out early with Koby and Jaimie running the Lewiston 5K. This was Jaimie's first time and she was so excited. I just took pictures. Maybe next year I will be motivated enough to do it. I know Koby would really like me to. Here they are before the race. So excited aren't they? This is them after the race. I can't believe I missed them coming in at the end. They were coming so quickly I didn't get the picture snapped in time. They crossed the finish line pretty close to each other. Jaimie said Koby sprinted right at the end and took off. That must be the competitive side in him. HA HA! They did it in around 33 minutes. I can't remember their exact times. Way to go you two!
After the race we went back and got ready to go to the Lewiston parade. Lewiston has a pretty fun 4th of July for such a little town. Here is Lizzie at the parade. Can I just tell you that she is a social bug. She loves to be where there are lots of people. She is so curious about everything.

Not quite sure she wanted to smile. I think the sun must have been in her eyes. Watching the parade.
Trever and Jacie getting ready for the parade.
Bridger and Jacie getting their sacks ready for the candy.

After the parade the city park has all kinds of fun things for the kids to do. We went down so they could get squirted off with the big firetruck hose and to see what else was going on. Here we are at the park. Lizzie loves having her cousins around to play with.
After a little while we went back and had a cookout at the house.
Later on the 4th we went over to the Annual Cruise In parade in Logan. Jaimie and I and the kids stayed home in the afternoon and took a nap while Koby and Trever went to the car show in Logan. Then we met up with them saving us a spot to watch the parade. Here we are getting ready for the car parade. It was hard to get a picture with everyone looking.
Koby thought this was a pretty neat old car.

Sitting on Dad's lap checking out all the old cars going up and down the street.

I liked this red car.

One of Koby's friends in his GTO.

Having fun at the Cruise-In. I am not sure what kind of face Lizzie is pulling.
After the cruise in it was time to head home and end with the Lewiston fireworks for the day. We decided to just sit out in the back yard and all the kids had an ice cream cone and we watched the fireworks. What an eventful day! I just love the 4th of July and it was so fun to have family and friends to spend it with. I am so thankful for the freedoms we have and for the opportunity to celebrate. Hope you all had a great 4th, too.

6 comments:

Alyson said...

What a cute, new family picture in you header! Lizzie looks so much like Koby in that one!

Angie Robison said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Cute pictures!!

johnandjana said...

I'm glad you had so much fun. I really missed being there with you guys. We didn't do too much. Dad and I built a shed. Wooppeee!!

Poulsen Family said...

Way to go Koby (and Jaimie) with the race! Lizzie looks SO cute in her 4th of July outfit.

Thanks again for coming to Bear Lake with us. We had so much fun!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Fun weekend for you guys! I really like Lizzie's bow at the parade! Way to run Koby!

TJ Davis said...

Thanks for the Pickleville shout out! We hope to see you again soon! TJ Davis