Wednesday, September 2, 2009

More ear infections....

So it looks like we have a double ear infection on top of cutting our two top teeth. Yesterday I took Lizzie to the doctor after having her fever hit 103 the night before around 4:30 a.m. The doctor informed me we have more ear infection in both ears this time. This is like the third one in the last 3 months. So the doctor put her on some really strong stuff and we will see if this is going to take care of it. If not I guess we will go to the next step. I am not sure what that step is exactly, but I am just hoping this will do the trick. We will find out in two weeks what the doctor says when we go in for her 12 month check up. For now we will continue to try to get some sleep at night and see how this new medicine works.

8 comments:

robcallfamily said...

That is no fun! I hope she gets feeling better. We Look forward to seeing you next weekend, hope the birthday girl is ready to party.

Amanda said...

I really hope it helps. It isn't fun for Mom, Dad or baby when they don't feel good. Hopefully you can get some sleep in the next few days. Have you found a sitter for Thurs and Fridays?

Cassie Skinner said...

I am so sorry.... ear infections are no fun! All 4 of our girls have struggled with them and have had tubes put in their ears. When KortLyn was born I asked Dr. Huff (our pediatrician) if he would just put the tubes in her ears before we left the hospital, but he just laughed and said "I wish I could do that for ya." Tubes are a breeze if that is what she will end up having and they come out of surgery a totally different child. I LOVE THEM! Good luck and I hope she gets feeling better soon. Lizzie is getting so big and she is so cute!

Poulsen Family said...

Crummy :( Hope she's better before her birthday.

johnandjana said...

I hope she is feeling better and that the medicine works. She may need tubes in her ears or something. Get her better for her b-day. We are ready to come and play.

voleen.blogspot.com said...

Heather, I was just reading about the ear infection.Oh if I could just take the pain for her. I feel so bad when that little dear get's sick.The Prayer's will be said in her behalf this night.May she be comforted by her heavenly father's arms around her this night.

The Polka Dot Apron said...

that stinks, Heather! We have gone the ear infection route recently as well!! The antibiotic they gave Kolton cost us $60 AFTER INSURANCE! What is this country coming to?! LOL! I hope she (and your sleep) recovers soon!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Get her feeling better for birthday time! See you soon!