Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wild Weekends!

Baby in bed at 10 after 7:00. Wahoo! Hopefully she is down for ALL night. It has been a pretty crazy weekend. Friday night I stayed up late into the night cutting vegetables and cooking chicken to go make chicken noodle soup at the cannery Saturday morning. Then Saturday I spent hours at the cannery trying to get the chicken noodle soup all canned. I came home tired and to a very miserable baby. She had started with a runny nose a little on Friday and I was hoping that she was not getting sick. Needless to say those two top teeth were working their way in. By Saturday night it was an all out long night. She woke up at 12:30 a.m. with a high fever crying and all restless. She would not go back to sleep, she didn't want to be held, she didn't want to be put down, she didn't want her bottle...NOTHING WAS WORKING! We gave her some tylenol and I tried to get her to calm down. Finally Thanks to Baby Einstein movies she calmed down while I held her. We watched movies for an hour and a half. She was not going to go to sleep. Finally I just shut the DVD's off and decided we were going to go to bed. I put her in bed and she cried and cried. So I got up and got her out of bed and went and woke Koby up and told him it was his turn. (I was pretty worn out from being up so late the night before) It was now 2:30 a.m. He tried several things. He even tried to feed her a yogurt which calmed her for a few minutes. I tried to go in and go back to sleep. That wasn't going to happen. She just kept fussing and crying. Finally I heard the back door open and close and then the car start. Koby had decided he had just about had it and was going to take her on a ride. THAT was the TRICK! She had finally gone to sleep. I looked at the clock when Koby finally climbed back into bed and it now said 4:30 a.m. She had to have been tired! Her mom and dad were worn right out. Koby layed her in bed and we didn't hear another peep until around 8:00 this morning. Because of our long night, I opted out of going to church and decided to keep Lizzie home. We continued all day today giving her tylenol and motrin and cold things to help relieve her teeth. She hasn't been as cranky today, but boy am I glad to see that she is sleeping soundly in bed right now.
Here is a picture of her yesterday after she got out of the bath. I was in the kitchen finishing up a few things and I kept hearing this clanking sound. I walked around the corner to see what was making all that noise. She had found all the soup I had canned and had not yet gotten put away and decided to climb right up on top of it. She is such a little monkey! Last weekend my sister Lindsay had come to visit. On Saturday we took the pool out and let the girls play in it. Lizzie had so much fun. She just loves the pool. Camri wasn't too sure about the whole thing. She got her toes wet I think! She was just more interested in watching Lizzie splash around.
Camri was pretty content just staying on the outside of the pool and playing in the water that squirts into the pool from the frog's head.Here is the little water logged baby!And of course the waterlogged diaper!
No swim diaper needed in our pool! They had lots of fun playing! Later that night we went up Cub River and camped on our friend's property. We cooked out hamburgers and roasted marshmallows and did dutch oven cobbler. We all had a good time! In the morning Kim made a really nice breakfast for all of us with french toast and sausage and bacon. She is FANTASTIC! Lindsay and Rob left after breakfast and went to see some of their friends in Logan. Koby and I went with Kim and Blake and went up to Willow Flats and went on a hike to the springs. It was a beautiful day. Not too hot with small rain clouds hovering over. Perfect for a hike!

Just a couple days prior to all our wild and fun weekends, Koby brought home a new addition to the family again. I guess we are going to try another pet. So far this bunny hasn't been too much trouble I guess you could say. He has escaped a few times from his cage, including several times while Rob and Lindsay were here. Rob got a good workout chasing the rabbit in the yard and putting him back into his cage. I think Koby and Rob now have the cage all worked out so he can't escape. He is just so tiny and could squeeze right through.
Here is a picture of Lizzie loving the bunny the night her daddy brought it home for her.

This one is definitely more her size!


5 comments:

johnandjana said...

I'm sorry that you had such a miserable few days and I hope Lizzie gets feeling better. She looks like she is going to be a little fish.

Poulsen Family said...

Darn those teeth! Good for you with all that soup making.

Best of luck with the new pet- may it have a long life and not want to leave its home.

Patty said...

You've got your hands full! And you still sound so happy and grateful. What a great example.

Brett and Tiffany said...

What a night! THose kids sure know how to work their parents, don't they? We can't wait to come and see you guys for lizzie's b-day!

Erin said...

Wow that sounds like a rough night! I love how happy she looks just hanging out in the pool. Good luck with the ear infections. No fun at all.