Earlier this week I started back to school. I really thought the first day worked out great. Lizzie was good with going to the sitters and I was in a mind set that I could handle 3.5 hours a day working. I thought this won't be too bad. She will get to go play with other kids and be social and I would get to occassionally get dressed up and live in the adult world and not just in my sweats all day. However, I am finding out that it isn't so easy. Each day since day one Lizzie has become more and more attached to me and doesn't like me getting ready for work in the morning and hangs at my heels all the time. She constantly wants to be held. She also hasn't liked it so well being dropped off at the babysitter's house. I think she is finally realizing that this is going to be an every day thing. Day one we had no tears, next day a little frown, by the third day she just wanted the babysitter to hold her for the first 15 minutes and then finally warmed up, day four she started to cry when I got ready to leave and wanted to come to me, and day 5 (today) both of us were in tears. She cried right when we went in the house and of course I just hugged her and kissed her and then hurried out to the car. By the time I reached my car I think I was crying harder than her. If anyone has been through this and has any ideas of how to get through it let me know. I just hope it doesn't get any harder for either of us.
Now onto a typical day for a mother:
Some of these things may not look so good to some and had even brought some frustration to me at times. I am sure many of you with children have dealt with some of these things while being at home.
Lizzie helping with the laundry by pulling all the folded clothes off the couch onto the floor.
climbing in and out of the swimming pool that we have now discovered works just as great in the house with no water. It becomes a great place to play.
This was a typical busy day at our home before I returned to work. Not to mention a few things that we don't have pictures of like the other day when I discovered Lizzie in the crib with her diaper tore off. Luckily no mess just a wet diaper and a naked child! Lots of great memories even though they don't always come easy. Although I am not going to be home all day with her I sure wouldn't change a thing for the opportunity to be her mother and to continue to enjoy moments like these.
9 comments:
I am so glad you girl gets into as much stuff as my boy! :)
Lizzie is just adorable! I wish I could have had time to hold her yesterday when you popped in. I'm sorry the drop-off thing is not going well.
Don't you love how "helpful" they can be at this stage. I have given up on even trying to accomplish things like laundry and dishes while the munchkin is awake.
The separation will get easier. Lizzie got to be with her mommy all summer and she got used to it and a lot of it is just the age. Stranger anxiety is supposed to hit right around 12 months so the good news is she is right on track and perfectly normal. It still doesn't make it easier though. Hopefully within a week or so she will get a little more used to her new routine (and you will too).
I can't believe how she is up standing and into everything. It makes me smile, even if you have to clean up a ton. The dropping her off will get easier I promise. She might cry but she will be okay.
It is fun to see all of the cute pictures of Lizzie getting into everything. What a fun, yet sometimes frustrating stage, but enjoy it because before too long she will be off to school and you will wonder where that stage went! I am learning to love EVERY stage my kids are in because time goes by too quickly! Good luck with school and leaving her. I bet if you do the same thing each time you leave her she will get used to the routine and just love her with lots of hugs when you pick her up! She will get used to it!
Fun!! Oh the memories.
Heather, enjoy the mess that she makes. She is just explore what this world is all about. Remember for seven years you didn't have any mess to pick up.What joy seeing what those little hands can do and what a blessing.
Oh, the diaper removing begins! And she's moving everywhere! Here is the blog for my photographer. She's in Nibley
http://foreverphotographybyleslie.blogspot.com/
Wow, she is growing up fast. What a doll, and those eyelashes are to die for. I love this post...so cute. Sorry we missed you at the fair...it was a short trip for us.
Post a Comment