Saturday, December 17, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas!

A part of getting ready for Christmas for us at this household is baking sugar cookies. I love making sugar cookies around the holidays and having Lizzie help out. She loves every part of it from the rolling out the dough and cutting them to the baking and the eating.
You can tell she really likes to play in the flour....she has it all over her face. Ta-da ready for the oven.
Even though I have no picture trust me the eating was delicious, too. If you are a neighbor of mine you know what I mean.
-----------------------------------------------
We also put our tree up the first part of December and Lizzie really enjoyed helping decorate it this year. However, she has also loved undecorating it. She loves to pull ornaments off and then if they are like a Santa or snowman ornament she talks to them. She calls them her friends. She also likes to gather all the pine cones and put them in a bouquet. Oh, how it would be to be 3 and the imaginations they have. It is so fun having a little one that enjoys the holidays.
Don't mind the dirty shirt she has. I can never keep this girl clean. She uses her shirt like a towel anytime she gets dirty or gets something on her hands. We had also made gumdrop fruitcake just before this and she was my little helper.
Then of course when she was done she wanted to relax in her dad's lap and eat a candy cane. She loves candy canes. She keeps telling us that she wants a candy cane from Santa this Christmas. I think he can handle that!

1 comment:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Had fun having you here. Yes, I will get you that picture. I know I need to figure out how to send them through picasa. Merry Christmas!