I feel like time gets away from me so quickly that I never have time to
write everything down. I love to blog because this is like a journal for
me. It helps me remember the things we did. And in a way it becomes a
scrapbook, too. I have not been doing very good with keeping up on that
either. Here are a few things that happened over this past month in
September. This month is a very busy time for us. We have both Lizzie
and Koby's birthdays, preschool starts, the never ending season of canning,
primary program, and the days seem to get shorter and I never get everything accomplished
that I would like to. We did make time to have some fun though.
Lizzie's birthday...
Lizzie
turned 4 this year and when I asked her what she would like to do for
her birthday all she could talk about was having a spider man birthday.
Koby and I are not at all into spider man and we have not seen the
movies or have other spider man items laying around the house. I really
wasn't sure where she came up with the idea other than earlier this
summer she went to her friend Bridger's birthday and he had a spider man
party. So I think this is why she thought it would be fun. She just
kept telling me, "Mom, it's not just for boys." So we went ahead and had her a
spider man party. We had a little party with some friends here in the
neighborhood and some of her cousins were able to come. Koby was
actually pretty excited about the whole thing and ended up
buying a costume and dressing up like spider man. He thought she would
love it. However, the whole thing did not go over well. Lizzie, along with a few of the other kids were
actually scared of him at the party.
He even took the mask off but some of the kids would not even get close
to him. There were a few that did enjoy it and got their picture taken
with him. What a good sport he was. He is such a great daddy and loves to have fun! We also had some of her favorite food...hot dogs, watermelon,
and carrot sticks.
Then I tried to make a spider man cake. Not exactly the easiest thing
to do! She wanted it to be a PINK spider man. So I guess you could
say that was the "girly" part of the party coming out. We also played a
few games like duck duck goose and then opened presents. It was quite a
party! You would have had to be here to believe it!
hiding behind me because she was scared of spider man!
The few kids that were NOT scared of spider man!
playing some games....
opening presents....
The Happy Birthday Girl...
blowing out her candles!
We love you so much Lizzie! What a great party day!
I had to throw this picture in. Lizzie has a new big girl bed and we got
her a new bedspread for her birthday. Here she was excited to show me
she is now 4. She reminds us of that quite often and how big she is now.
Sometimes it makes me sad because she is growing up so quickly.
Earlier in the month we also got a visit from Lizzie's birthmom Debbie and her new husband. They drove up to spend a few hours with us. We cooked out some steaks on the grill and had lunch together. Then we had some cake and ice-cream. This was not the best cake either. It pretty much was falling apart before we put candles in it and ate it. Even though it didn't look good it did taste YUMMY!
Lizzie was a little nervous about blowing out the candles.
It was so great to have them come and spend this time with all of us and especially for Lizzie. She loves when Debbie comes and plays with her. They giggle a lot and we get a chance to visit and catch up with each other. It really is such a great relationship we all have.
Koby's birthday...
For Koby's birthday Lizzie and I surprised him with muffins and juice for breakfast. And because we were not going to bake another cake since we were still finishing up the cake from Lizzie's birthday we thought we would put a candle in his muffin so he could make a wish. I did decide later in the day to tempt a home made ice cream cake instead. Then we gave him a USU football shirt and tickets for the Homecoming game. We also decorated his room with balloons that had things we loved about him written on them.
Earlier in the month Koby and I also went to a HEART concert at the Blackfoot fair. This is something he has always wanted to do so we said we would go for his birthday. This is a picture of us getting ready to leave to the concert.
Later in the month I went up home for a few days and supported some of my siblings and their spouses run the temple to temple relay. That was really fun. They did so great! I also helped my sister move and Lizzie got to be a part of her cousin Camri's birthday party. Then this last week we had our primary program. I will have to say that is nice to have over with. I had been a little worried about it, but the children did great. Lots of wonderful comments from ward members that thought it went so well. Even Lizzie remembered her part and her teacher was smart and filled her pocket with treats to feed her throughout the program if she would sit still on her chair. Primary can be a struggle at times for her to sit still that long. I would have to say this definitely was a very busy month that was packed with lots of activities for all of us. But we wouldn't want it any other way! I guess you could say we love to live life to its fullest!
Now onto OCTOBER!
1 comment:
Sounds and looks like a fun-filled month! That will be a birthday you will never forget! What a great spiderman Koby makes!
Post a Comment