Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Am A Mother!

We can all rejoice in the sacred calling of motherhood. To give birth is only one part of this sacred mission....But to help another gain eternal life is a privilege that is neither denied to nor delayed for any worthy woman. - Ardeth Kapp.
Sometimes - many times- the path God has placed before us is not the path we would have chosen for ourselves. I am certainly following a plan different from the one I had in mind twenty years ago. But, what I have now is more fulfilling than I ever imagined. Today I am a Mother and I wouldn't want anything more! Every woman has the opportunity to feel this same sense of fulfillment- this blessed measure of happiness. I believe we do it by turning ourselves over to the Lord and allowing Him to direct us. I have waited long for this day to be able to be a Mother and especially to be a Mother on Mother's Day. This may seem strange to some, but I was overjoyed to be able to accept my flower at the end of Sacrament meeting today. Even though times are not always easy being a Mother I will still cherish each moment that I get to be one. I am so greatful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me this blessing and privelege of being called mom. I am so thankful for my sweet little one and for the chance to raise her and for those that were all involved with getting her here to our family. I am thankful to my own Mother for being the great person that she is and for always being of support when I need her. When times get tough she is a trooper through and through. She is always fun to be around and enjoys her kids and grandkids. Thanks mom for being who you are and for helping me be the mom that I am today.
Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers including those that are Mothers-in-waiting and Mothers-to-be!

5 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Hope you had a great a great first official Mother's Day.

Brett and Tiffany said...

You deserve a wonderful Mother's Day! I am so glad you enjoyed it. So many moms say they don't like Mother's Day, but I agree...we should love it and be thankful for that wonderful calling of being a mother! I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Faith To Act said...

Hey Heather! You're a great mother! Your song along with the words you wrote today brought a few tears to my eyes! Thanks to you and Koby for your great examples in trusting in the Lord! We love Lizzy and she has a great mommy (and daddy!) Every time I come to your blog the music and pics are so peaceful and inspiring! Thank you! Its always a joy!

johnandjana said...

Thanks for those words of inspiration about being a Mom. I love being a Mom and I love my kids and grandkids so much. I'm so glad that you now have the opportunity to see how wonderful it is to be a Mom. Lizzie is really lucky. Love ya.

BrandonKristin said...

I couldn't agree more with what you said. No matter how motherhood comes, it is a miracle, and we are certainaly proof of that! I also stood proudly to accept my flower, so thankful that I have a little boy to call/scream me MAMA!! I would't trade it for ANYTHING