Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Stay HOME or WORK?
This has been the question around our house for quite some time. Trying to decide whether I should stay home or continue to work is not the easiest. 8 years ago when we got married it was my intention to work until we had a family which we figured would have started right away. However, that is not what happened. I have since taught school for the last 8 years and have enjoyed working and teaching children. I have actually enjoyed my job. When we decided to adopt I also was hoping to be able to stay home and raise my family. So three months ago I turned in my letter of intent with the district to not return next year. They hired for my job and found a replacement for me. Koby and I have debated whether or not that was the right decision. We know that we could probably make it by just watching closer on where we spent our money. We had some things we still wanted to do with the house and we also know that we want to possibly adopt again. So the question we asked ourselves is how would we afford it? Could we save enough money to do it? Well a couple of weeks ago they posted a job here in Lewiston that was part time. It hasn't been bad working just part time and we were managing just fine. Because of the direction our economy is in and trying to keep up a teaching license and so forth we decided it might not hurt to look into it and have me apply. I would apply and then we would just leave it in the Lord's hands from there. If I was meant to work it would work out for us if not we would try to make it with me staying home. So that is what I did and I got the job. It has been decided that I will remain working part time next year. As hard as the decision is I am at peace with it and know that the Lord will bless us. Lizzie has loved going to the babysitters and playing with their kids. Just think maybe in another year we will have saved enough to adopt again and then I will be able to stay home with both kids. The good news is the job will be closer to home. I will be teaching here in Lewiston at the Elementary school as the ESL teacher. I will work a part time contract which is 3.5 hours a day. Not too bad right? My babysitter is 2 blocks from my house and the school is 3 blocks from me. So it will be very convenient. Who knows maybe I will even walk to school! The nice thing about being a teacher is you have your summers and holidays off and still get a paycheck! That's right just ten more days to go for this year and then we will be off for the summer. YEAH! You can tell I am not excited at all can you? I think teachers get just as excited for the summer as their students. Cheers to a great summer!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I think that opportunity sounds perfect! It's amazing how God directs our life and leads us all along the way.
Heather, that's great! It always seemed to me that the decision to stay home would be an easy one... until I had to make it for myself. I agonized over that for months, and believe me, it took over a year (and a move across the country) to find peace with it. I think you'll find your part time job to be a perfect fit for your situation. I would LOVE to go back to work when the time is right. I'm glad you've found something great. Just remember in times of doubt that you made the right choice for your family.
Heavenly Father is always watching out for us. Each family situation is different and we have to do what is best for our family! That makes me excited to think about you two adopting again! You are awesome parents!
It always amazes me how the Lord can direct us and help us make those hard decisions! You will love being so close to home.
Isn't it amazing how things always seem to work out. That will be great to be so close, and know that it is only part-time.
I know that you are being watched out for and that Heavenly Father will take care of all of you. You have to do what is best for your family. Try living on just Koby's check and put the rest away and it may surprise you that you won't have to work. Right now, it is the right decision.
I am excited to see you this weekend! I know everything will work out for you guys! It will be great being closer there in Lewiston.
Post a Comment