Monday, July 21, 2008

Birthmother...doctor visit...heartbeat...measuring...


Last Thursday I had the opportunity to go down to Salt Lake and meet our birthmother at her 32 week doctor appointment. Everything is going so well and right on track with the baby. This was so exciting for me. It was so awesome to hear the heartbeat of your unborn child as many of you probably know what that is like. For me it was an experience I will never forget. Unless you have been in my shoes of adoption you probably wouldn't understand what a remarkable opportunity it really is. You don't always understand the pregnancy part of having a child because you live that through someone else. Through a very special woman called the birthmother. What a remarkable and spiritual moment it truly is to know that you have someone out there that is carrying your baby and bringing it to this earth for you to raise. Sometimes we don't always know why we are given certain tests in this life and I am so greatful to our birthmother, Debra who has followed her heart through her test and for her unconditional love in choosing us to place her child with. She is an amazing and strong woman.

6 comments:

robcallfamily said...

I am so excited to meet your baby girl. It is coming so fast! yeah! I am glad you got to experience all the things at the doctors visit!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Awesome Heather! that is incredible~! It is fun to see a picture of Debra too! She is a tremendous woman! We can't wait to meet that little girl! I am glad you were able to go to the doctor! Good luck...not too much longer!

BrandonKristin said...

I love birthmothers. I couldn't agree more with what you said, they truly are angels. Thank goodness for birthmothers and LITTLE GIRLS!! YEah I am so excited for you guys!

The Foster Bunch said...

That is so neat Heather. We are so excited for a new little cousin.I am so happy you got to go to the doctor's appointment.What an wonderful woman, I truly admire her for her decision to place her baby. She has picked wonderful parents for this sweet little girl. The count down is getting closer, that is so EXCITING!!!!

Alleman Family said...

Heather... I just found out today that you guys had been picked!! Ty had lunch with Kobe's brother and told me when he got home. Then I got on your blog and read your wonderful story!! I'm so excited for! You guys will be the best parents... what a fun mother's day you must have had!! Keep me posted!

Team Hanni said...

I'm crying.........

Bless that sweet Debra, what a special girl she is. I'm so glad you got to go to the doctor and hear your baby. What an exciting time for you and Koby. Congrats!!! Life will be so sweet sooooooooo soon!!!