This last weekend we went on a whim in hopes of a fun weekend of spontaneity. Koby had mentioned to me he wanted to take me over to the Pickleville Theater in Bear Lake on Friday night so we thought we would make a whole weekend of it and maybe do some camping and hiking in Logan Canyon. We did not put a lot of planning into it, but just went and hoped everything would fall into place. We figured once we get the baby we are not going to be doing this much and will be planning everything out. I am usually one that likes things all planned out so this was a little unusual for me. I guess I need a little more spontaneity in my life.
I picked Koby up after work and we headed out. We figured we could just go and find a camp spot somewhere for the night near the top of Bear Lake in Logan Canyon or somewhere close by the Lake so we put the camping stuff in the car. Needless to say there was not a spot open anywhere. We finally decided to have my dad call his relative that has a home down on the lake and after the show she let us pitch our tent in her backyard. The Pickleville show is always so fun to go see. The show was Thoroughly Modern Millie. They are so amazing in their performances. After the show we went and pitched our tent and slept out by the lake. In the morning we drove back up through the canyon and stopped off at Tony's Grove and decided to try one of the hikes that were there. We hadn't done any of these hikes before so we thought it might be fun. We chose to hike to White Pine lake. We were told this was about a 1-2 hour hike so we figured that was just right. Spontaneity right? Well the hike took us about 5 hours. We were not prepared for this at all. We didn't even get started until about 11:00 that morning so we really didn't want to be all day doing a hike in the heat of the middle of the day. We didn't take a lunch or anything. Just a bottle of water in our hand. Which we were grateful we had. The hike was a beautiful hike, but it was pretty tough in some places, especially when you got so close to the end. I wanted to turn around so bad, but kept pushing myself to get there. We made it to the ridge where you have to hike down to the lake. I just knew the steep slope we were going down meant we had to come back up it. I was already so tired. But we were so close. We finally made it down to the lake and then started back. We made it back to Tony Grove and I was so relieved and ready for a nice cold drink. Koby and I were both so tired, but we did it! We figured it was about 8 miles total. I decided I need to get into better shape if I want to continue hiking.
2 comments:
hi
I like your
blog
very nice blog
visit my blog somtime
when you have time
thank you
Wow I'm glad you made it on that long hike! Sounds like you had a fun get away. I can't believe it's less than two months and you're little girl will be here!!! Keep up the fun. . .
Post a Comment