Thursday, October 16, 2008

Is she really sleeping through the night?

Okay I have to confess that last night either Koby and I were in a dead sleep and didn't hear a thing or our little Lizzie slept a total of 5 hours without waking up. I actually was the one who woke up and heard her stirring a little and looked at the clock and thought "NO WAY!" I woke Koby up and asked him if he had gotten up with her at all and he said "NO." I went and fixed her a bottle and she took it and went right back to sleep. I was amazed! Then she didn't stir until this morning around 8:00. I was in total shock! I had even got a good night sleep. Is it really possible at not quite 5 weeks she could sleep that long or am I dreaming? I guess I don't know what to expect. We will have to see if it continues or if it was just a one night thing because she was so tired.

6 comments:

johnandjana said...

It happens. Some of my kids slept that well. She might be getting more full because of the breast milk. Isn't it great! Keep it up little Lizzie.

The Foster Bunch said...

I love when they decide to sleep longer. It is normal, Axton started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks and has ever since. So Nice!!!

Cassie Skinner said...

Yah for sleeping! That is one of the breaking moments that I always got so excited for. Hope she keeps it up. That is awesome.

robcallfamily said...

Thats awesome she slept that long..I hope it continues for you! They are so fun!

BrandonKristin said...

maybe it was the lunch and going to the look at the ann. inn and being in the baby bjorn! Ah HAH it was because she was able to see her "aunt Kristin"--thats it I know it! I will hope for you that it continues! that would be awesome!

paulak said...

Kya was sleeping through the night by 5-6 weeks. She only ever woke up once a night to eat and then I asked the doctor when I could cut out the night time feeds, he said "now". So at 1 month, we tried it out by giving her a little oatmeal cereal in her milk at bedtime....worked like a charm. These little angels given to us are better sleepers and they don't cry as much, am I right? Ok, until they hit 2, then they start throwing fits and telling you "no"...I love being a mommy. wink, wink