Monday, June 9, 2008

What a weekend!






Our weekend was a little crazy. To start off, Koby and I borrowed my brother's tent for a future camping trip with some friends that were coming up, and we thought we would set it up out in the yard and make sure we knew how to put it together. We got it put up on Thursday night and decided we'd get our sleeping bags, thinking we would sleep in it for the night, when Koby got a call out with his work. This was like at 10:00, so needless to say he was on a call until after midnight. By the time he got home I had gone to sleep in our bed in the house. So Friday we decided to try it out. I had taken my cell phone out with me for an alarm to wake us up, because Koby wanted to go fishing for free fishing day. And we thought we would get up early to go for a couple of hours before I needed to be back for a primary activity. We had fallen asleep, and at 12:30 in the morning we got a call on our cell phone from Koby's brother Mitch saying that Monique's water had broke and they needed someone to stay with the kids. They were wondering if we could drive over. So I rolled over and woke Koby up and said we needed to head to Nibley. We left in the middle of the night in our pj's to go stay with our niece and nephews while our latest niece was being born. I could hardly get back to sleep once we got there. It became a very long night.


The next morning I got up and headed back home to get ready for our primary activity, while Koby stayed with the kids. We were taking the children to the temple grounds. It ended up being a windy, cold day but the spirit was still there. I think the children really enjoyed it. We had a speaker talk about the temple and then we walked around it and let the children experience the feeling at the temple. After the temple experience I met up with Koby at the hospital and went to see the baby. She is so cute. It made both of us very excited for when we have the opportunity in a couple of months.


Finally, Koby really wanted to go fishing so we took our nephew Peyton fishing that afternoon. He had a great time. He caught the most out of all of us. I got pretty close, though. He caught 6 and I caught 5. But he was the best little fisherman I would have to say. I think I'm going to buy a little kid pole. You seem to catch more with them. HA HA! That night we did sleep in the tent. But only until around 4:00 when we both were freezing cold and the air had gone out of the air mattress. Then our bed sounded quite nice. And that pretty much sums up our weekend!


No comments: