Monday, August 11, 2008
Poulsen Family Reunion!
This last weekend we had our annual Poulsen Family Reunion. It was a lot of fun despite the rainstorm and lightning show on Friday night. Rob and Lindsay did a great job planning it this year. We went on Friday and camped at Beaver Dick Park just outside of Rexburg. During the day they played lots of games and got things set up for camp. Koby and I didn't get there until later that evening. We got there just in time to hurry and eat and run for the cars. It decided it wanted to rain and lightning and thunder for awile. My dad and Koby tried to get a tarp set up so everything didn't get wet. We all ran to the cars with the little kids and waited it out until it passed. It was pretty crazy. We were not sure if we were going to stay or just drive home. Some of the sleeping bags were wet and we had puddles inside the tents. But we stuck it out, wet and all. It actually turned out nice after the storm passed. The next morning we got up and hiked the "R" mountain until we found a scorpion. My brother in law Brett said we couldn't leave the mountain until we found one. I guess there are suppose to be a lot. So they checked under rocks as we went along trying to find one. Once we found one, we headed down the mountian. That afternoon we went swimming at Heise and some of the men went golfing. Then we all returned back to Lindsay and Rob's home to have a cookout and canoe on the lake by their home. Thanks Rob and Linds. You did a great job with everything! Here are a couple of pictures. We all took so many the slideshow would have been 2 hours long if I had put them all on. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good job on the reunion. I knew you would be quick at getting it on here. My pic on my blog I just added with my header. You can download a picture in that part. Let me know if you can't get it! It was fun to see you guys. Good luck at your appointment Wednesday.
Thanks for coming up! I hope you guys had fun. It was great having you here. I love spending time with all the fam. Good Luck with starting school and getting everthing ready. Thanks again for coming! Did you get your canning done?
Post a Comment