
Tonight we had our first corn on the cob from our garden. This is the first year Koby and I planted corn. We have planted a garden for several years, but never tried corn. Boy, did it taste good. I just love vegetables from the garden. I can't believe how well our garden has done this year. Koby and I have cut our grocery bill in half just by eating out of the garden every night. Let's just say we are getting all of our vegetables in every day. Sometimes all we eat is a plate of different veggies from the garden like squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, corn, etc. You name it we probably planted it and we have it coming out of our ears.
Today was also my first day of school with the students back. I would just like to say it is too hot to teach school all day. By the afternoon I think all the kids were about asleep. It is always so hard to start back and get them into a routine. I know that my nieces and nephews went back today. I hope that all of you had a great day!
2 comments:
I agree with it being too hot! Anessa and Peyton's school is boiling! I feel bad for them! I'm jealous that you get to eat your fresh veggies. Next year we will have our garden set up and HOPEFULLY there won't be so much going on that we can actually maintain it! Hope all is well!
Pooh,
That corn looks really good. We don't have any on yet, but I am going to the neighbors to get some today. Not very many more days and I will be a Grandma again. Can't wait!!!!
Post a Comment