
Today was a busy Saturday for us. We have decided to dive into another project. This is an old train car that sits right in the middle of the yard and we wanted to tear it down so we could put something else there. As we were diving into it Koby literally dived into it, or should I say fell right through it. He was up on top of the roof working and the next thing I know I hear this big crash and I start yelling to him to see if he is okay. He is hanging from the rafters and hung up on some old wiring. He looked like a monkey hanging there. But all is well, atleast he didn't fall all the way to the ground and break something. I didn't want to be making a trip to the hospital today. I helped him get untangled from the mess and he just scratched his arms up from trying to catch himself. I told him he couldn't go up on top of the roof anymore, but had to remain on the ladder. He listened to me the rest of the afternoon. Needless to say, tonight he is pretty sore. I think we all are from swinging a hammer and loading boards.

Koby's injury on one of his arms. The other one looks pretty similar.

This is the area Koby was working on when the roof came down. Of course there was a side and a roof like the first picture before this picture was taken.

This is the truck we used to haul the wood to the big dumpster. Koby's dad came to help us for the afternoon. So you can see him getting ready to climb in the truck.

I took this picture with Koby and his dad as we were driving to the dumpster. I thought it was pretty funny.

Here we are at the big dumpster ready to unload. This was always a big hassle trying to throw the boards over the top. That is because we had filled the whole thing by the end of the day. We are hoping they unload the dumpster often so that we can continue to finish our endless project.
5 comments:
Wow! It really looks like you had your work cut out! Hopefully Koby's arms heal quickly! Did you do the whole thing?
Looks like a fun project...it will look great when its all done, what are you going to put there!? 3 weeks and your baby girl will be here! I am so excited!
Yikes! Its a good thing that he was okay! Justin fell off a roof in the winter and ended up with a broken rib! I just wanted to tell you that I think about you all the time. I am so excited for you- I can't wait to have my baby- to ease my aching ribs and be able to bend over again- but I know that you are probably just as anxious for yours to come too! let me know asap and I will too! Best of luck with school and the "project"!
Koby, You are mighty lucky that you didn't get hurt a lot worse than you did. It's looking good though. I have a blog, hard to believe I know. I still have a lot to learn. See ya.
Hey old friend. I don't even know how I got here. I've been following links for the last hour (instead of making dinner). You look great!
Post a Comment