Monday, September 29, 2008

Doctor visits and accidents.

Today we went in for Lizzie's 2 week check up and she is growing like she should. After a nice leak on the scale her weight is now 6 pounds 8 oz. That is right we got her undressed and went to put her on the scale and she decided to let it go and wet everything down for the nurse. We had a good laugh anyway. She is also getting a little taller. Her height is 18 1/2 inches. So the doctor said she is coming right along. I figured she would weigh in a little heavier by the looks of her cheeks. HA HA! She looked like she was changing through her face. She has been a great baby and has slept through the nights so far with just waking up for feedings. I know we are still keeping our fingers crossed on that one. The only thing she has really struggled with is a little constipation, but that is normal where she is only bottle fed. The doctor did send us home with some similac soy, but oh boy did she hate that and so did her mother. That stuff stinks so bad I wouldn't have drank it either. Needless to say she wouldn't keep it down for nothing. I have several clothes soaking in biz because she would just hurl that stuff at me and everything around us. I am glad that she wouldn't take it because everyone I had talked to said it stinks and stains. So we are just adding more dark karo syrup with the Enfamil and hopefully we will get through this whole constipation thing.

After the doctor visit I needed to stop at Smiths to get some groceries. So I take Lizzie in the car seat and put her up on the shopping cart (this is my first time doing this) and I start to walk through the store realizing that I can not see over the front of the cart now that there is a baby carrier in front of me. Now this may not happen to all of you. I have just realized how short I really am. So I am kind of watching carefully around the side of the cart as I go up and down the aisles. Needless to say I wasn't watching carefully enough and I couldn't see very well when I rammed right into something. I know you are all laughing now, but what I ran into was a lady riding around on one of those driving carts. Yes, we had a head on accident in the grocery store on aisle 9. I just started apologizing not believing what I had just done. She said to me "It's okay dear. Is the baby okay?" It shook the carts pretty good, but Lizzie was just fine. I guess Lizzie wasn't the only one that had an accident (i.e. scale at doctors office) today.



Here are some more pictures of Lizzie in the last day or two. This first one Koby took because he went to go to work and just thought it was cute of both of us. She had a little rough night the night before and we didn't get much sleep. Lizzie ended up in bed next to us. This is a cute outfit my sister used with her little girls and she thought it would fit Lizzie. It is a very cute outfit on her and fits her pretty good. She was so alert and happy this day. We couldn't help but take more pictures.

I think she is getting use to a mom that likes to take lots of pictures.

5 comments:

The Polka Dot Apron said...

YESS! Get her used to pictures now while you can! Kolton LOVES having his picture taken now because he is used to it. She is so cute! I want to get to hold her before she gets much bigger just so I can remember what it's like to hold a teeny tiny baby! Kolton is just getting so heavy! At the dr. office yesterday he was nearly 20lbs! Thanks for the good chuckle about your 'accidents'!

johnandjana said...

Heather,
I just got to work and decided to see if anyone updated. I am still laughing. I just cracked up when you said you had a headon with that lady. I would have loved to been there and seen that or videoed that. You would have won the million dollars for the funniest home video. Oh, I can't quit laughing!!!!!

Oakenfoldgrl said...

What a cutie!! Sounds like a very successful shopping trip. I feel your pain on the not being able to see over the seat on top of the cart thing, I deal with that issue as well. We have now become a 2 cart family..One to carry Aja and Cohen, the other for our groceries!! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Koby told us you were adopting. She's a cutie! You are a darling family. I stumbled upon your blog by accident, but I'm glad I did.

Chris and Melissa Morgan

Poulsen Family said...

Heather and Koby- We decided to come through Utah since mom and dad will be down there this weekend. We will come by your place either Saturday or Sunday!
We're both very excited to hold and see little Lizzy and you guys too of course!