Saturday, September 13, 2008

Introducing Elizabeth Renee Bennett

Elizabeth was born yesterday at 2:37 p.m. weighing 6 lbs even. She was 18 inches long and she has blondish, brownish, reddish hair. She is so beautiful and very tiny to say the least. She was taken emergency C-section because of heart rate stress on the baby and the baby started to breath in maconium.
Elizabeth had a head box to help with the oxygen. They found out after doing chest x-rays that she has a pneumothorax. This is where the lung has a hole in it and air is trapped around the layers of the lung. We have not yet had a chance to hold her because of this. This morning we have found out that she is doing better. She is almost completely weaned off the oxygen and they will soon be able to feed her with a bottle and not through a feeding tube. Here is a picture of me. The proud and anxious "adoptive" mother. The nursing staff has treated me well. They refer to me as the "adoptive mom." They let me go in and see her anytime I would like.
Koby is the proud father of an "adorable little girl." He is so excited and can't wait to hold her hopefully today. He just can't quit smiling.
Here is another picture of our little girl head to toe all stretched out. All 18 inches of her. She is going to be a short one just like her mom.

9 comments:

mom of 5 said...

Kobey and Heather,
She is!! beautiful. I am sooo happy for you. Hope Elizabeth continues to recover from her stressful delivery and that her mom and dad are able to bring her home soon.-Lori

Oakenfoldgrl said...

Congrats Koby and Heather!! We are so happy for you!! I'm glad to hear that she is doing better. You are in constantly in our thoughts and prayers!! Love you!

Brett and Tiffany said...

She is ADORABLE!! It is truly a miracle and you know Heavenly Father has a hand in this! Tell Debra thank you for allowing your little girl to arrive here on earth! What a blessing she is! I can't wait to hold her!! Her cousins are very excited and think she is cute!

Brett and Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
johnandjana said...

She looks like a little rolypoly. She doesn't look that tiny. It will be so fun to hold her really soon. She is adorable Koby!!! We are so happy to have her as part of our family.

Poulsen Family said...

Yahoo! I am so glad you posted pics. I have checked your blog four times in the last 24 hours to see if you had updated and was soo excited when I saw the post! Oh I can't wait to see her face to face. Thanks for posting and keep us updated!

robcallfamily said...

She is beautiful! I am anxious to come down and see her! I am afraid this is going to be a long week before we can come. I am so happy for you guys and know that she is a daughter of God sent here to be yours. What an amazing blessing!

The Foster Bunch said...

What a miracle. We are so happy for you. I am tears right now just thinking about your little one finally being here. We are for sure going to have to have a family get together to meet her. Again we are so excited for you both, and continue to hope everything keeps going good. Hopefully you will hold her soon. Again Congrats!!

Team Hanni said...

HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!!!!! We are so happy for you. We are so grateful she is here and things are looking up. She is beautiful!!!