Sunday, September 7, 2008

Getting our rest!

I knew a lot of you would be checking this to see if there was any news about the baby. Debra is still not having any contractions or dialating. The due date was yesterday. So according to my ticker she is late. However I know that when she wants to come she will. Maybe she is finishing up some business up above before she comes into this crazy world. Debra has asked us to be there at the hospital with her if they have to start her on Thursday. She has also asked me to be in the room and cut the umbilical cord. That will definitely be an interesting thing. I'm not quite sure what I am in for. For now we will continue to get our rest. As you can see Koby is getting his. That is because I told him that we will be taking turns getting up in the night for feedings since she will be bottle fed. We are also just trying to keep ourselves busy with little projects around the house and yard while waiting for the phone call. Yesterday we worked in the yard and cleaned sheds. Maybe Koby even has what they would call the nesting stage. HA HA! He only wished he could have taken a nice chopper ride into the sunset. Here is the backyard all mowed down. The big black spot is where the train car use to be. We will be getting topsoil brought in to finish it.

For those of you wanting to come down to stay after the baby is born we have a room ready for you. We would love to have visitors after we get her home for a day or two.

2 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

What a neat experience it will be to cut the umbilical cord to your daughter. We for sure will have to take you up on that spare bedroom to come visit and see our niece! Plan for us sometime in the beginning of October. Best of luck to you this week! We are anxiously awaiting for the phone call . . .

johnandjana said...

I have my bags packed and I will probably use that spare bed first. Love ya, Mom